ManyFoto.com: photos from the world.

Getting started:

  1. Select the country.
  2. Find location in the text box
    [ Type in an address or City/locality: ]
  3. If necessary change the search radius.
  4. If necessary you can move the marker on the map.
  5. Start the search with
    [ See the photos ]

Or use:

  1. [ Search in ManyFoto.com by Google ]
Note:
manyfoto.com uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
How to get to Ville-sur-Haine (Wallonne) Hotel Ville-sur-Haine (Wallonne)

Photos of Ville-sur-Haine, Wallonne

photos found. 2764. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Volvo FHIV Globetrotter Quickmission (GB)
Volvo FHIV Globetrotter Quickmission (GB)
  • Author: LiTTLeeG.photo Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 18:53:06
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°29'15"N - 4°5'47"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monument to Private George Lawrence Price Ville-sur-Haine Belgium
Monument to Private George Lawrence Price Ville-sur-Haine Belgium
  • Author: davidseall Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2007-10-26 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'28"N - 4°4'2"O
  • Private Price is recognised as the last Canadian / British Empire battle casualty of WW1. He died at 10.58 on the 11th November 1918. 11th November 1918 The 2nd Division's 6th Canadian Infantry Brigade was selected to attack. From the 6th Brigade, the 28th 'North-West' Battalion and the 31st Battalion/Alberta Regiment were chosen to lead the attack. The 28th Battalion had orders for November 11 to advance from Frameries (South of Mons) and continue to the village of Havre, securing all the bridges on the Canal du Centre. The battalion advanced rapidly starting at 4:00 a.m., pushing back light German resistance and they reached their position along the canal facing Ville-sur-Haine by 9:00 a.m. where the battalion received a message that all hostilities would cease at 11:00 a.m. Price and fellow soldier Art Goodmurphy were worried that the battalion's position on the open canal bank was exposed to German positions on the opposite side of the canal where they could see bricks had been knocked out from house dormers to create firing positions. According to Goodmurphy they decided on their own initiative to take a patrol of five men across the bridge to search the houses. Reaching the houses and checking them one by one, they discovered German soldiers mounting machine guns along a brick wall overlooking the canal. The Germans opened fire on the patrol with heavy machine gun fire but the Canadians were protected by the brick walls of one of the houses. Aware that they had been discovered and outflanked, the Germans began to retreat. A Belgian family in one of the houses warned the Canadians to be careful as they followed the retreating Germans. George Price was fatally shot in the left breast by a German sniper as he stepped out of the house into the street. He was pulled into one of the houses and treated by a young Belgian nurse who ran across the street to help, but died a minute later at 10:58 a.m., November 11, 1918. His death was just two minutes before the armistice came into effect at 11 a.m. Price was buried in Havre Old Communal Cemetery, one of the cemeteries subsequently concentrated into the St Symphorien military cemetery, just southeast of Mons. Coincidentally, this is also the final resting place of John Parr and George Edwin Ellison, respectively the first and last British soldiers killed during the Great War. In 1968, on the 50th anniversary of his death and the armistice surviving members of his company travelled to Ville-sur-Haine and a memorial plaque was placed onto a wall of a house near the location of his death. The inscription, in English and then in French, reads in English: " To the memory of 256265 Private George Lawrence Price, 28th North West Battalion, 6th Canadian Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Division, killed in action near this spot at 10.58 hours, November 11th, 1918, the last Canadian soldier to die on the Western Front in the First World War. Erected by his comrades, November 11th, 1968. " The house has since been torn down, but the plaque has been placed on a brick and stone monument near the site where the house originally stood, and thus still near the place where he fell. In the six hours between the Armistice having been announced at 05.00 and the ceasefire at 11.00 it has been estimated that there were 10900 battle casualties. More than on D-Day on the 6th June 1944. The carnage of WW1 continued right up to the very end.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Find the Best Accomodations located to Ville-sur-Haine, Wallonne
  • New deals listed every day
  • FREE cancellation on most rooms!
  • No booking fees, Save money!, Best Price Guaranteed
  • Manage your booking on the go
  • Book last minute without a credit card!
  • Find out more at Booking.com Reviews
Hotel Ville-sur-Haine
Château d'Havré
Château d'Havré
  • Author: lefebvre.david1969 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-02-07 12:38:21
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°27'48"N - 4°2'26"O
  • Le Château d'Havré ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ Attesté dès 1266, le site a connu de nombreux sièges qui ont modifié la disposition du domaine au fil du temps. En 1518, à la suite d’un échange, le château passe aux mains de la Maison de Croÿ et accueille le chirurgien Ambroise Paré qui y applique, contre l’usage courant, une ligature des artères, sauvant ainsi Charles Philippe de Croÿ (1569). A la fin du XVIe, le château est en piteux état et Charles Alexandre de Croÿ, marquis d’Havré, imagine un ensemble majestueux et coiffe le donjon octogonal (XIVe s.) d’un joli bulbe ardoisé (1603). Les lieux, transformés en opulente demeure, voient défiler des visiteurs de marque : Van Dyck, Rubens, Marie de Médicis, l’Infante Isabelle, Marie de Hongrie, le duc de Malborough, etc... Après la Révolution, le château n’est plus habité par la famille de Croÿ qui le délaisse et l’abandonne définitivement dès 1839. En 1919, le chanoine Puissant tente un sauvetage du site mais la tâche dépasse ses moyens. Dès 1930, des éboulements se succèdent et l’existence du domaine en devient menacée. Heureusement, sous l’impulsion d’Emile Poumon, historien du cru, des habitants se constituent en asbl (1978) et y débutent un long travail de sauvegarde. (source internet) 👇 👇 👇 👇 🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥 🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽 youtu.be/2Zu1io1_Vjg
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Château d'Havré
Château d'Havré
  • Author: lefebvre.david1969 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-02-07 12:44:58
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°27'48"N - 4°2'26"O
  • Le Château d'Havré ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ Attesté dès 1266, le site a connu de nombreux sièges qui ont modifié la disposition du domaine au fil du temps. En 1518, à la suite d’un échange, le château passe aux mains de la Maison de Croÿ et accueille le chirurgien Ambroise Paré qui y applique, contre l’usage courant, une ligature des artères, sauvant ainsi Charles Philippe de Croÿ (1569). A la fin du XVIe, le château est en piteux état et Charles Alexandre de Croÿ, marquis d’Havré, imagine un ensemble majestueux et coiffe le donjon octogonal (XIVe s.) d’un joli bulbe ardoisé (1603). Les lieux, transformés en opulente demeure, voient défiler des visiteurs de marque : Van Dyck, Rubens, Marie de Médicis, l’Infante Isabelle, Marie de Hongrie, le duc de Malborough, etc... Après la Révolution, le château n’est plus habité par la famille de Croÿ qui le délaisse et l’abandonne définitivement dès 1839. En 1919, le chanoine Puissant tente un sauvetage du site mais la tâche dépasse ses moyens. Dès 1930, des éboulements se succèdent et l’existence du domaine en devient menacée. Heureusement, sous l’impulsion d’Emile Poumon, historien du cru, des habitants se constituent en asbl (1978) et y débutent un long travail de sauvegarde. (source internet) 👇 👇 👇 👇 🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥 🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽 youtu.be/2Zu1io1_Vjg
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Château d'Havré
Château d'Havré
  • Author: lefebvre.david1969 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-02-07 12:51:03
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°27'49"N - 4°2'27"O
  • Le Château d'Havré ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ Attesté dès 1266, le site a connu de nombreux sièges qui ont modifié la disposition du domaine au fil du temps. En 1518, à la suite d’un échange, le château passe aux mains de la Maison de Croÿ et accueille le chirurgien Ambroise Paré qui y applique, contre l’usage courant, une ligature des artères, sauvant ainsi Charles Philippe de Croÿ (1569). A la fin du XVIe, le château est en piteux état et Charles Alexandre de Croÿ, marquis d’Havré, imagine un ensemble majestueux et coiffe le donjon octogonal (XIVe s.) d’un joli bulbe ardoisé (1603). Les lieux, transformés en opulente demeure, voient défiler des visiteurs de marque : Van Dyck, Rubens, Marie de Médicis, l’Infante Isabelle, Marie de Hongrie, le duc de Malborough, etc... Après la Révolution, le château n’est plus habité par la famille de Croÿ qui le délaisse et l’abandonne définitivement dès 1839. En 1919, le chanoine Puissant tente un sauvetage du site mais la tâche dépasse ses moyens. Dès 1930, des éboulements se succèdent et l’existence du domaine en devient menacée. Heureusement, sous l’impulsion d’Emile Poumon, historien du cru, des habitants se constituent en asbl (1978) et y débutent un long travail de sauvegarde. (source internet) 👇 👇 👇 👇 🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥🎥 🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽 youtu.be/2Zu1io1_Vjg
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Boatlift no. 4 on the old Canal du Centre in Thieu, Belgium (Unesco world heritage)
Boatlift no. 4 on the old Canal du Centre in Thieu, Belgium (Unesco world heritage)
  • Author: Frans.Sellies Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2015-08-05 10:34:18
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'17"N - 4°5'39"O
  • Buy this photo on Getty Images : Getty Images Boatlift no. 4 on the old Canal du Centre in Thieu, Belgium. The lifts on the old Canal du Centre are a series of four hydraulic boat lifts near the town of La Louvière in the Sillon industriel of Wallonia, classified both as Wallonia's Major Heritage and as a World Heritage Site (province of Hainaut). Along a particular 7 km (4.3 mi) stretch of the Canal du Centre, which connects the river basins of the Meuse and the Scheldt, the water level rises by 66.2 metres (217 ft). To overcome this difference, the 15.4-metre lift at Houdeng-Goegnies was opened in 1888, and the other three lifts, each with a 16.93 metres (55.5 ft) rise, opened in 1917. The elevators are double, consisting of two vertically mobile tanks or caissons, each supported in the centre by an iron column. The two columns are hydraulically linked in such a way that one caisson rises as the other descends, the weight of one counterbalancing the weight of the other. These lifts were designed by Edwin Clark of the British company Clark, Stansfield & Clark. See also: whc.unesco.org/en/list/856/ ================= Ascenseur à bateaux hydraulique no. 4 à Thieu, Hainault, Belgique. Entre La Louvière et Thieu, quatre ascenseurs hydrauliques à bateaux fonctionnent depuis un siècle. Construits entre 1882 et 1917, chacun d'entre eux récupère une dénivellation de l'ordre de 17 mètres !!! Submitted: 12/08/2015 Accepted: 02/09/2015 Published: - (China) 18-Sep-2019
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Le Roeulx, Belgium
Le Roeulx, Belgium
  • Author: bm^ Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-06-22 17:12:11
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'16"N - 4°5'43"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Canal du Centre (BE)
Canal du Centre (BE)
  • Author: richardpearson99 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-04-15 10:38:02
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'34"N - 4°6'23"O
  • Waiting for the Strépy lift
  • License*: Attribution-ShareAlike License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Canal Historique du Centre
Canal Historique du Centre
  • Author: richardpearson99 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-09-29 14:37:13
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'13"N - 4°5'13"O
  • Ascenseur No. 4 de Thieu
  • License*: Attribution-ShareAlike License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Canal du Centre (BE)
Canal du Centre (BE)
  • Author: richardpearson99 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-09-29 14:37:59
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'13"N - 4°5'10"O
  • Ascenseur de Strépy-Thieu and Ascenseur No. 4 de Thieu
  • License*: Attribution-ShareAlike License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Canal Historique du Centre
Canal Historique du Centre
  • Author: richardpearson99 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-09-29 15:10:34
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'17"N - 4°5'31"O
  • Ascenseur No. 4 de Thieu
  • License*: Attribution-ShareAlike License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
IMG_3110
IMG_3110
  • Author: 72grande Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2006-09-09 12:00:58
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°29'25"N - 4°5'47"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
39629-Mons
39629-Mons
  • Author: xiquinhosilva Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-04-19 11:50:15
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'31"N - 4°6'26"O
  • License*: Attribution-NonCommercial License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
39596-Mons
39596-Mons
  • Author: xiquinhosilva Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-04-19 11:49:59
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'33"N - 4°5'56"O
  • License*: Attribution-NonCommercial License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
39538-Mons
39538-Mons
  • Author: xiquinhosilva Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-04-19 11:41:32
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 50°28'15"N - 4°5'47"O
  • License*: Attribution-NonCommercial License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
photos found. 2764. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Back to top