ManyFoto.com: photos from the world.

Getting started:

  1. Select the country.
  2. Find location in the text box
    [ Type in an address or City/locality: ]
  3. If necessary change the search radius.
  4. If necessary you can move the marker on the map.
  5. Start the search with
    [ See the photos ]

Or use:

  1. [ Search in ManyFoto.com by Google ]
Note:
manyfoto.com uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
How to get to Monsempron-Libos (Aquitaine) Hotel Monsempron-Libos (Aquitaine)

Photos of Monsempron-Libos, Aquitaine

photos found. 278. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Église Saint-Géraud...Monsempron-Libos
Église Saint-Géraud...Monsempron-Libos
  • Author: pierete ..(*_^).. Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-04-23 16:13:45
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • L'église Saint-Géraud est une église romane située à Monsempron-Libos, dans le département de Lot-et-Garonne, en France. Datant du xiie siècle, elle est monument historique. ..L'église Saint-Géraud est située à côté des bâtiments du prieuré Saint-Géraud de Monsempron-Libos. fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Saint-G%C3%A9raud_(Monsempron-Libos)
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. There are some nice, but "normal" capitals around the crossing, but the carvings along the nave are extraordenary. Strange creatures!
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Find the Best Accomodations located to Monsempron-Libos, Aquitaine
  • New deals listed every day
  • FREE cancellation on most rooms!
  • No booking fees, Save money!, Best Price Guaranteed
  • Manage your booking on the go
  • Book last minute without a credit card!
  • Find out more at Booking.com Reviews
Hotel Monsempron-Libos
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. There are some nice, but "normal" capitals around the crossing, but the carvings along the nave are extraordenary. Strange creatures!
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. There are some nice, but "normal" capitals around the crossing, but the carvings along the nave are extraordenary. Strange creatures!
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. The crypt is the oldest part of the church, as it is the apse of the very first church erected here in the 11th century.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. The choir of the church was built over a crypt and so stairs lead up to it. The apse is Gothic. The capitals are extraordinary.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century. It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one. The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. The church has two portals, this one at the western facade is the larger ones. The carvings look so unweathered, that they may well be the result of a renovation.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century. It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one. The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. Today the whole structure is in the possession of the municipality. Behind the scaffolding are some nice, intricate Romanesque carvings.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century.It got enlarged and modified later, the Romanesque choir got replaced by a larger Gothic one (right). The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. By now the whole structure, including the "château prieural", the centre of the former priory is owned by the municipality.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
Monsempron - Saint-Géraud
  • Author: Martin M. Miles Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-08-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'36"O
  • The history of Monsempron (Mons-Sempronius) started, when in the 11th century Benedictine monks from Aurillac arrived and a priory, dependent from the abbey Saint-Géraud in Aurillac. The priory dominating the confluence of Lémance and Lot developed into a kind of fortified monastic town, that later got surrounded by a village. The first church here may have been small and simple. The church seen today got erected in the second half of the 12th century. It got enlarged and modified in the 16th and 17th century, The secularisation of the Aurillac abbey ended the Benedictine life here, is in 1561 the priory was taken over by a chapter of canons. In 1632 the Lord of Fumel bought the office of prior of Monsempron for his underaged son. Léon de Saulx de Tavannes, prior from 1710 on, resided in Paris. All these priors were just interested in the revenue of the priory. The chapter got dissolved in 1790. Parts of the buildings were used by the municipality, but in 1793 they were put on sale. By now the whole structure, including the "château prieural", the centre of the former priory is owned by the municipality.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
10image_d___ios
10image_d___ios
  • Author: Silver Fourchette Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-10-31 11:09:09
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'28"N - 0°56'25"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
9image_d___ios
9image_d___ios
  • Author: Silver Fourchette Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-10-31 10:25:54
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'24"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
2image_d___ios
2image_d___ios
  • Author: Silver Fourchette Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-10-31 11:11:16
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'25"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
3image_d___ios
3image_d___ios
  • Author: Silver Fourchette Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-10-31 11:11:13
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'30"N - 0°56'25"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
5image_d___ios
5image_d___ios
  • Author: Silver Fourchette Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2019-10-31 10:29:03
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 44°29'29"N - 0°56'25"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
photos found. 278. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Back to top