ManyFoto.com: photos from the world.

Getting started:

  1. Select the country.
  2. Find location in the text box
    [ Type in an address or City/locality: ]
  3. If necessary change the search radius.
  4. If necessary you can move the marker on the map.
  5. Start the search with
    [ See the photos ]

Or use:

  1. [ Search in ManyFoto.com by Google ]
Note:
manyfoto.com uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
How to get to Broek (Friesland) Hotel Broek (Friesland)

Photos of Broek, Friesland

photos found. 2280. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Penninga's Molen, AD 1692, Joure
Penninga's Molen, AD 1692, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:21:18
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'28"N - 5°47'55"O
  • Penninga's Mill is a flour mill that has been located in Joure since 1900. The mill, then called De Jonge Dolfijn, was originally built in 1692 as a paper mill in Westzaan for Jelis Hendricksz. de Vries, who died that same year. After being owned by several owners, the mill was converted to a barley mill in 1781. After the placement of a couple of grindstones in 1869, the mill was also used for grinding rice and coffee caps. Three years later, the mill changed hands again, after which it was used as a forage mill. In the last decades of the 19th century, the mill fell into disrepair. For example, a small fire started in 1875 and lightning struck in 1892, which caused major damage. This made it possible for miller Auke Penninga to buy the mill and have it shipped to Joure. In June 1900 the mill was taken apart and the parts were transported across the Zuiderzee by sailing barge to Friesland, where the mill was rebuilt. The mill continued to be used until 1936, after which there was no longer any real need for the mill. In the area around Joure, virtually no grain was grown in the 1930s. Due to poor maintenance and a severe storm in 1953, the mill gradually turned into a ruin. By the 1960s, little of the wings was left and large holes could be seen everywhere. The mill was taken over in 1968 by the Penninga's Mill Foundation, which had just been founded by private individuals and the government. A restoration started a year later, which cost 250,000 guilders. May 10, 1972 the mill was fully functional again, this time manned by volunteers. The mill is open to the public every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 noon.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:21:47
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'28"N - 5°47'55"O
  • Penninga's Mill is a flour mill that has been located in Joure since 1900. The mill, then called De Jonge Dolfijn, was originally built in 1692 as a paper mill in Westzaan for Jelis Hendricksz. de Vries, who died that same year. After being owned by several owners, the mill was converted to a barley mill in 1781. After the placement of a couple of grindstones in 1869, the mill was also used for grinding rice and coffee caps. Three years later, the mill changed hands again, after which it was used as a forage mill. In the last decades of the 19th century, the mill fell into disrepair. For example, a small fire started in 1875 and lightning struck in 1892, which caused major damage. This made it possible for miller Auke Penninga to buy the mill and have it shipped to Joure. In June 1900 the mill was taken apart and the parts were transported across the Zuiderzee by sailing barge to Friesland, where the mill was rebuilt. The mill continued to be used until 1936, after which there was no longer any real need for the mill. In the area around Joure, virtually no grain was grown in the 1930s. Due to poor maintenance and a severe storm in 1953, the mill gradually turned into a ruin. By the 1960s, little of the wings was left and large holes could be seen everywhere. The mill was taken over in 1968 by the Penninga's Mill Foundation, which had just been founded by private individuals and the government. A restoration started a year later, which cost 250,000 guilders. May 10, 1972 the mill was fully functional again, this time manned by volunteers. The mill is open to the public every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 noon.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Find the Best Accomodations located to Broek, Friesland
  • New deals listed every day
  • FREE cancellation on most rooms!
  • No booking fees, Save money!, Best Price Guaranteed
  • Manage your booking on the go
  • Book last minute without a credit card!
  • Find out more at Booking.com Reviews
Hotel Broek
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:21:57
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'28"N - 5°47'55"O
  • Penninga's Mill is a flour mill that has been located in Joure since 1900. The mill, then called De Jonge Dolfijn, was originally built in 1692 as a paper mill in Westzaan for Jelis Hendricksz. de Vries, who died that same year. After being owned by several owners, the mill was converted to a barley mill in 1781. After the placement of a couple of grindstones in 1869, the mill was also used for grinding rice and coffee caps. Three years later, the mill changed hands again, after which it was used as a forage mill. In the last decades of the 19th century, the mill fell into disrepair. For example, a small fire started in 1875 and lightning struck in 1892, which caused major damage. This made it possible for miller Auke Penninga to buy the mill and have it shipped to Joure. In June 1900 the mill was taken apart and the parts were transported across the Zuiderzee by sailing barge to Friesland, where the mill was rebuilt. The mill continued to be used until 1936, after which there was no longer any real need for the mill. In the area around Joure, virtually no grain was grown in the 1930s. Due to poor maintenance and a severe storm in 1953, the mill gradually turned into a ruin. By the 1960s, little of the wings was left and large holes could be seen everywhere. The mill was taken over in 1968 by the Penninga's Mill Foundation, which had just been founded by private individuals and the government. A restoration started a year later, which cost 250,000 guilders. May 10, 1972 the mill was fully functional again, this time manned by volunteers. The mill is open to the public every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 noon.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Penninga's Molen, AD 1692, Joure
Penninga's Molen, AD 1692, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:22:57
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'28"N - 5°47'55"O
  • Penninga's Mill is a flour mill that has been located in Joure since 1900. The mill, then called De Jonge Dolfijn, was originally built in 1692 as a paper mill in Westzaan for Jelis Hendricksz. de Vries, who died that same year. After being owned by several owners, the mill was converted to a barley mill in 1781. After the placement of a couple of grindstones in 1869, the mill was also used for grinding rice and coffee caps. Three years later, the mill changed hands again, after which it was used as a forage mill. In the last decades of the 19th century, the mill fell into disrepair. For example, a small fire started in 1875 and lightning struck in 1892, which caused major damage. This made it possible for miller Auke Penninga to buy the mill and have it shipped to Joure. In June 1900 the mill was taken apart and the parts were transported across the Zuiderzee by sailing barge to Friesland, where the mill was rebuilt. The mill continued to be used until 1936, after which there was no longer any real need for the mill. In the area around Joure, virtually no grain was grown in the 1930s. Due to poor maintenance and a severe storm in 1953, the mill gradually turned into a ruin. By the 1960s, little of the wings was left and large holes could be seen everywhere. The mill was taken over in 1968 by the Penninga's Mill Foundation, which had just been founded by private individuals and the government. A restoration started a year later, which cost 250,000 guilders. May 10, 1972 the mill was fully functional again, this time manned by volunteers. The mill is open to the public every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 noon.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
Penninga's Mill, AD 1692, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:23:25
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'28"N - 5°47'55"O
  • Penninga's Mill is a flour mill that has been located in Joure since 1900. The mill, then called De Jonge Dolfijn, was originally built in 1692 as a paper mill in Westzaan for Jelis Hendricksz. de Vries, who died that same year. After being owned by several owners, the mill was converted to a barley mill in 1781. After the placement of a couple of grindstones in 1869, the mill was also used for grinding rice and coffee caps. Three years later, the mill changed hands again, after which it was used as a forage mill. In the last decades of the 19th century, the mill fell into disrepair. For example, a small fire started in 1875 and lightning struck in 1892, which caused major damage. This made it possible for miller Auke Penninga to buy the mill and have it shipped to Joure. In June 1900 the mill was taken apart and the parts were transported across the Zuiderzee by sailing barge to Friesland, where the mill was rebuilt. The mill continued to be used until 1936, after which there was no longer any real need for the mill. In the area around Joure, virtually no grain was grown in the 1930s. Due to poor maintenance and a severe storm in 1953, the mill gradually turned into a ruin. By the 1960s, little of the wings was left and large holes could be seen everywhere. The mill was taken over in 1968 by the Penninga's Mill Foundation, which had just been founded by private individuals and the government. A restoration started a year later, which cost 250,000 guilders. May 10, 1972 the mill was fully functional again, this time manned by volunteers. The mill is open to the public every Saturday morning between 9 am and 12 noon.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
De Groene Molen, Joure
De Groene Molen, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:13:06
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around AD 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:14:41
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around AD 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
De Groene Molen, Joure
De Groene Molen, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:14:19
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around AD 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-07-01 13:13:39
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around AD 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:08:58
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:08:31
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
The Green Mill, ca. 1800, Joure
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:21:32
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The miller taking the sails off the wings
The miller taking the sails off the wings
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:25:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The miller taking the sails off the wings
The miller taking the sails off the wings
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:22:54
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
The miller taking the sails off the wings
The miller taking the sails off the wings
  • Author: Davydutchy Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-21 17:23:13
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 52°58'24"N - 5°47'12"O
  • The Green Mill near the Frisian village of Joure was built around 1800 and served to drain the Bleeker Polder. The windmill is of the Spinnekop ("spiderhead mill") type. They are called spinnekopmolens / spider-head windmills because of the narrow connection between the cap and the wooden base of the construction. The upper part (the spider's head) can turn horizontally so as to maintain the best position to catch the wind. The Green Mill in Joure is unusual in that the wooden part is raised upon a brick base. It is the only windmill in Friesland constructed like this. Normally, a Spinnekopmolen consisted of just the wooden part standing on the ground: a cheap and simple windmill for farm and drainage use. The mill is equipped with a metal water screw, popularly known as an Archimedes' screw and also known as the screw pump, a machine used for transferring water up from a lower-lying body of water. The water is pumped by turning a screw-shaped surface inside a pipe. In 1937, the mill was also equipped with a single-cilinder Lister diesel engine of the CS 5-1 type to supply power if there was no wind. The Green Mill suffered serious storm damage in 2007, but was restored and has been fully functional again since 2010. Miller Bauke Bos will show you around upon request.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
photos found. 2280. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Back to top