ManyFoto.com: photos from the world.

Getting started:

  1. Select the country.
  2. Find location in the text box
    [ Type in an address or City/locality: ]
  3. If necessary change the search radius.
  4. If necessary you can move the marker on the map.
  5. Start the search with
    [ See the photos ]

Or use:

  1. [ Search in ManyFoto.com by Google ]
Note:
manyfoto.com uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
How to get to Paeroa (New Zealand) Hotel Paeroa (New Zealand)

Photos of Paeroa, New Zealand

photos found. 1445. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Paeroa
Paeroa
  • Author: andrewsurgenor Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 1987-01-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'57"S - 175°40'25"O
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa
Paeroa
  • Author: andrewsurgenor Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 1987-01-01 00:00:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'58"S - 175°40'25"O
  • Some times you get lucky. Just happened to time it right for the once daily train on the now closed Thames Branch.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Find the Best Accomodations located to Paeroa, New Zealand
  • New deals listed every day
  • FREE cancellation on most rooms!
  • No booking fees, Save money!, Best Price Guaranteed
  • Manage your booking on the go
  • Book last minute without a credit card!
  • Find out more at Booking.com Reviews
Hotel Paeroa
Paeroa: the ORIGINAL band rotunda (c.1906)
Paeroa: the ORIGINAL band rotunda (c.1906)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 13:11:44
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'48"S - 175°40'24"O
  • Paeroa on the Hauraki Plains is one of the very few NZ rural towns to boast it has TWO rotundas – this one was built in the domain, while the other (originally from Karangahake) is on the Railway Reserve opposite the Paeroa Hotel, 4 Belmont Rd. The suggestion of a band rotunda was considered by the Paeroa Domain Board late in 1905. In July, 1906, the Board received a tender for the erection of a band rotunda with a roof similar to the one on the Rotorua rotunda. The final contract price was agreed at £130 pounds ($260) for the building and £3 pounds 3 shillings ($6.30) for the roof. In Nov.1906, a committee organised a moonlight concert to open the band rotunda on Friday, Nov.30, 1906. The programme included a haka by local Maori and it was considered the first time many people will have seen it performed. The concert which comprised local performers and the Paeroa Brass Band was considered a great success. During the evening Mr H. Poland, Ohinemuri Member of the House of Representatives, officially declared the band rotunda open. Over its life, many band concerts, official functions including welcoming Governor-Generals and the early Anzac Day commemoration services were held in the rotunda. It has also been the backdrop for many local wedding parties, and picnics in the park. In the 1970s the Paeroa Borough Council completely refurbished the rotunda to its original condition. [www.ohinemuri.org.nz/journals/78-journal-50-september-200...] This rotunda has a Heritage NZ Historic Place Cat.II listing No.726 [ www.heritage.org.nz/the-list/details/0726 ].
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa Hotel (c.1896) (2) and band rotunda (c.1908)
Paeroa Hotel (c.1896) (2) and band rotunda (c.1908)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 11:48:53
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'36"S - 175°40'4"O
  • 4 Belmont Rd., Paeroa This grand old historic hotel was first licenced in 1874. It was the town's first hotel and sat on the bank of the Ohinemuri River near a public wharf, in the vicinity of Wharf Street (the founding fathers were pretty creative with their street names in Paeroa,eh!). In 1895, the original Paeroa Hotel was demolished, and a "new" Paeroa Hotel was built in 1896, on the NW corner of the Belmont Rd-Corbett St intersection in Paeroa. During construction, it caught fire. The building was only partly damaged, and was restored and completed. In late 1903, a further fire apparently occurred, but it was quickly suppressed without extensive damage. The next year, a decision was made to relocate the hotel to a new site opposite the railway station in Belmont Rd. Mr P.J.Delaney applied to the Licensing Committee for a liquor licence for the new site, but was declined until "half the building was located on the new site". The two halves were moved in June 1904 onto the present location by skids and winches, to be close to the railway station..."and (to be) the nearest hotel to steamers to and from Auckland...replete with every modern convenience for the travelling public." The railway station is no more. It's now a park called...wait for it!...Railway Park. Rotunda: According to an attached plaque, this rotunda was first erected at Karangahake in 1908. In 1921 it was purchased by the Paeroa Beautifying Society, and shifted to a position in front of the Paeroa Post Office. In 1926 it was relocated again, onto its existing site on the Railway Reserve opposite the Paeroa Hotel, 4 Belmont Rd.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa Co-operating Parish (c.1909) (2)
Paeroa Co-operating Parish (c.1909) (2)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:27:46
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'49"S - 175°40'17"O
  • Corner Mackay and Willoughby Sts., Paeroa, Hauraki Plains This building was the former St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. When these photos were taken, this beautiful wooden church has having a wee "make-over"...
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa Co-operating Parish (c.1909) (1)
Paeroa Co-operating Parish (c.1909) (1)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:31:09
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'49"S - 175°40'17"O
  • Corner Mackay and Willoughby Sts., Paeroa, Hauraki Plains This building was the former St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. When these photos were taken, this beautiful wooden church has having a wee "make-over"...
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
20200130_111235
20200130_111235
  • Author: RobiNZ Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-01-30 11:12:35
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'59"S - 175°40'28"O
  • License*: Attribution-NoDerivs License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
20200130_111219
20200130_111219
  • Author: RobiNZ Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-01-30 11:12:19
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'59"S - 175°40'28"O
  • License*: Attribution-NoDerivs License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: ex-Post Office (c.1926) (2)
Paeroa: ex-Post Office (c.1926) (2)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:26:17
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'50"S - 175°40'14"O
  • 101 Normanby Rd., Paeroa, Hauraki Plains This building in central Paeroa - now the Paeroa Information Hub - was originally the Post Office and built in 1926. It has a Heritage NZ 'Historic Place Category 2' listing (No.4607). ========== This building was opened by Prime Minister J.G.Coates on May 25, 1926. As well as the post office, the new building contained the post master’s residence. It cost £11,829 to construct. A prominent landmark in the town, it represents the confidence and prosperity of Paeroa in the 1920s. It is a good example of the neo-Georgian style being applied to a public building. Features of this style include its symmetrical balance, the hipped roof covered with Marseilles tiles and the prominent central entrance; which in this case is achieved by a semi-circular portico held up by Ionic columns. It was designed by John Mair, Government Architect from 1922- 42. Mair designed many well-known public buildings in New Zealand. The Paeroa Post Office is typical of his style which emphasised function, structure and volume rather than the more stylistic elements of others at the time. A Royal Coat of Arms, rather than the normal New Zealand Coat of Arms, adorns the front of the building.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: ex-Post Office (c.1926) (1)
Paeroa: ex-Post Office (c.1926) (1)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:25:44
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'50"S - 175°40'14"O
  • 101 Normanby Rd., Paeroa, Hauraki Plains This building in central Paeroa - now the Paeroa Information Hub - was originally the Post Office and built in 1926. It has a Heritage NZ 'Historic Place Category 2' listing (No.4607). ========== This building was opened by Prime Minister J.G.Coates on May 25, 1926. As well as the post office, the new building contained the post master’s residence. It cost £11,829 to construct. A prominent landmark in the town, it represents the confidence and prosperity of Paeroa in the 1920s. It is a good example of the neo-Georgian style being applied to a public building. Features of this style include its symmetrical balance, the hipped roof covered with Marseilles tiles and the prominent central entrance; which in this case is achieved by a semi-circular portico held up by Ionic columns. It was designed by John Mair, Government Architect from 1922- 42. Mair designed many well-known public buildings in New Zealand. The Paeroa Post Office is typical of his style which emphasised function, structure and volume rather than the more stylistic elements of others at the time. A Royal Coat of Arms, rather than the normal New Zealand Coat of Arms, adorns the front of the building.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: ex-BNZ Bank building (c.1940) (2) - detail
Paeroa: ex-BNZ Bank building (c.1940) (2) - detail
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:25:23
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'54"S - 175°40'21"O
  • 1 Princes St., Paeroa Hauraki District Council Heritage Category A: Heritage feature, of national or outstanding regional significance. ===== This two-storey office building is prominently located on Paeroa's post office square. The BNZ building adds significantly to the character of the township and the streetscape. It complements and is complemented by the Post Office, RSA Club, and Regent Theatre. It is regarded as the best example of an art deco office building in Hauraki District. ===== Notable features: Rounded corner and recessed entry and balcony. Black marble entry floor. Low relief ornamentation and wrought iron. ===== History: The Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) was founded in Auckland in the 1860s by Thomas Russell and John Campbell. When gold was discovered in Thames, a branch was quickly set up in 1868. Paeroa became an important supply post in the late 1870s and a branch of the BNZ was established in 1881. George Burgess was Paeroa’s first branch manager. The original BNZ building was a single-storied wooden structure with an iron roof and verandah, located on the corner of Normanby Rd/Victoria St. A new site was purchased in 1892 and a two-storey building was subsequent built on Victoria St. The 1892 building had deteriorated significantly by 1923 due to dry rot and borer and the manager of the time, AF Steedman, proposed the bank be relocated. In 1938 the site on the Wharf St/Normanby Road corner was purchased. The bank manager Walter Rowan wrote at the time that dairying was the chief industry and the bank was prosperous. The Bank profits rose from 1929 to 1939 with minor fluctuations. Architect Richard Atkinson Abbot was engaged to design the new Paeroa BNZ building. Abbot was noted for designing many significant structures. He won the competition for the design of Auckland Grammar School in 1913 (an inter-war Spanish Mission design), which was novel in New Zealand. Some of Abbot's designs were inspired by his training in England, Paris and travel in the US. He designed King’s College from 1922 onward. He is particularly noted for the King's College chapel, completed in 1925. Abbot also designed a large number of other BNZ buildings over the years. Construction of the BNZ building was completed in 1940 and the branch opened on 18 August 1941. In 2006, the building was sold by the BNZ to Netherfield Investments Ltd. Since 2010, it has been occupied by Nick Hoogeveen & Assoc. Accountants.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: ex-BNZ Bank building (c.1940) (1)
Paeroa: ex-BNZ Bank building (c.1940) (1)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:24:58
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'54"S - 175°40'21"O
  • 1 Princes St., Paeroa Hauraki District Council Heritage Category A: Heritage feature, of national or outstanding regional significance. ===== This two-storey office building is prominently located on Paeroa's post office square. The BNZ building adds significantly to the character of the township and the streetscape. It complements and is complemented by the Post Office, RSA Club, and Regent Theatre. It is regarded as the best example of an art deco office building in Hauraki District. ===== Notable features: Rounded corner and recessed entry and balcony. Black marble entry floor. Low relief ornamentation and wrought iron. ===== History: The Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) was founded in Auckland in the 1860s by Thomas Russell and John Campbell. When gold was discovered in Thames, a branch was quickly set up in 1868. Paeroa became an important supply post in the late 1870s and a branch of the BNZ was established in 1881. George Burgess was Paeroa’s first branch manager. The original BNZ building was a single-storied wooden structure with an iron roof and verandah, located on the corner of Normanby Rd/Victoria St. A new site was purchased in 1892 and a two-storey building was subsequent built on Victoria St. The 1892 building had deteriorated significantly by 1923 due to dry rot and borer and the manager of the time, AF Steedman, proposed the bank be relocated. In 1938 the site on the Wharf St/Normanby Road corner was purchased. The bank manager Walter Rowan wrote at the time that dairying was the chief industry and the bank was prosperous. The Bank profits rose from 1929 to 1939 with minor fluctuations. Architect Richard Atkinson Abbot was engaged to design the new Paeroa BNZ building. Abbot was noted for designing many significant structures. He won the competition for the design of Auckland Grammar School in 1913 (an inter-war Spanish Mission design), which was novel in New Zealand. Some of Abbot's designs were inspired by his training in England, Paris and travel in the US. He designed King’s College from 1922 onward. He is particularly noted for the King's College chapel, completed in 1925. Abbot also designed a large number of other BNZ buildings over the years. Construction of the BNZ building was completed in 1940 and the branch opened on 18 August 1941. In 2006, the building was sold by the BNZ to Netherfield Investments Ltd. Since 2010, it has been occupied by Nick Hoogeveen & Assoc. Accountants.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa Croquet Pavilion (c. 1905)
Paeroa Croquet Pavilion (c. 1905)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 13:10:54
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'46"S - 175°40'26"O
  • Paeroa Domain, King Street, Paeroa ...facing King Street, overlooking the croquet fields and the rest of the Domain. ===== The club was founded in 1904 and changed its name to Paeroa Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in 1905. Four croquet lawns and a practice strip were laid out in the Domain near the band rotunda. A club room was built in 1905 on the other end of the lawns. The Thames Valley Croquet Assn formed in 1951, and club games were played with Thames, Waihi, Morrinsville, Te Aroha, Katikati, Hikutaia and Waitoa. The popularity of the association meant that the clubrooms were enlarged and six shelters were built, one on each lawn. The Paeroa Croquet Club continues to use the club room and the lawns.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: former Fleming Engineering building (2) - detail
Paeroa: former Fleming Engineering building (2) - detail
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:23:39
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'50"S - 175°40'11"O
  • Wharf Street, Paeroa An example of an early C20th façade inscribed with the name of the original company, Fleming & Sons Ltd Engineering.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Paeroa: former Fleming Engineering building (1)
Paeroa: former Fleming Engineering building (1)
  • Author: PhilBee NZ (social historian) Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2017-03-23 12:23:11
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 37°22'50"S - 175°40'11"O
  • Wharf Street, Paeroa An example of an early C20th façade inscribed with the name of the original company, Fleming & Sons Ltd Engineering.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
photos found. 1445. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Back to top