ManyFoto.com: photos from the world.

Getting started:

  1. Select the country.
  2. Find location in the text box
    [ Type in an address or City/locality: ]
  3. If necessary change the search radius.
  4. If necessary you can move the marker on the map.
  5. Start the search with
    [ See the photos ]

Or use:

  1. [ Search in ManyFoto.com by Google ]
Note:
manyfoto.com uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.
How to get to Mena (Arkansas) Hotel Mena (Arkansas)

Photos of Mena, Arkansas

photos found. 383. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Rainy Mena
Rainy Mena
  • Author: Chris Guss Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2008-04-27 12:26:47
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°34'58"N - 94°14'9"W
  • With the rain falling at at steady rate, KCS snoot SD40-2 No. 683 leads two other SD40 types northbound through Mena. Soon they will be grinding up the south side of Rich Mountain on their way to Kansas City.
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 2
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 2
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:18:07
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Find the Best Accomodations located to Mena, Arkansas
  • New deals listed every day
  • FREE cancellation on most rooms!
  • No booking fees, Save money!, Best Price Guaranteed
  • Manage your booking on the go
  • Book last minute without a credit card!
  • Find out more at Booking.com Reviews
Hotel Mena
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 3
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 3
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:21:40
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 7
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 7
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:18:55
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Judge Benjamin Shaver House, 1898 in Mena, Arkansas 1
Judge Benjamin Shaver House, 1898 in Mena, Arkansas 1
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:54:11
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°34'55"N - 94°14'42"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [A set of 9 photos] Built in 1898 (or 1896) at the end of the 19th century, the Judge Benjamin Shaver House merits a separate listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The home is a 2 1/2-story symmetrical structure in Neo-Classical style. The roof is a combination of gable and hips. On the front facade is a building-length gallery with 5 bays; the central bay projects outward in a pedimented gable, supported by two pairs of two-story Ionic columns. A Palladian window is centrally positioned in the gable. A decorated frieze separated the two levels of the porches; to either side of the projecting bay are curves of the balustrade and frieze. The ornamentation consists of a continuous garland and swag embellishment. Four Ionic columns (minus capitals) support the roof on the upper story whereas four Tuscan columns are used on the lower level as supports. Entrance to top gallery is through plain double-leaf doors, each with 10 panes. The lower level is without balusters. The central door is a single wood panel with a large oval pane and corner decorations. Each sidelight contains an oval pane as well. A transom of three segments is above the entry. Windows throughout the building appear to be a uniform one over one (1/1) and double-hung. On one side is a three-sided bay window consisting of a large central window and smaller one flanking the center. The garland motif continues on the bay window. The house was built by Judge Benjamin Shaver, a prominent lawyer in Mena. His daughter Dorothy Shaver (1893-1959) achieved fame as the president of Lord and Taylor retail firm in New York City. She was the first woman in the country to head a multimillion dollar company. In the Wikipedia article her father is named as James. I wonder what was the judge's full name. See the article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Shaver After the Shavers, the house was occupied by a dentist, Dr. L. C. Dixon. It became the private Redman Hospital from 1940-1945 then briefly became Mena General Hospital because of its size. The house later was divided into apartments. It has undergone restoration and might currently be a bed & breakfast.The home was added to the National Register of Historic Places December 6, 1979 with a reference number of 79003431. I am indebted to the National Register nomination form, located in pdf format at the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program website www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/PDF/PL0082.nr.pdf The images in the set are as follows: 1) front facade 2) front facade and a partial side facade 3) front facade and a partial side facade, a different angle 4) a side facade 5) pedimented gable, Palladian window, columns, frieze, decoration, door 6) the curve of the upper porch, ornamental frieze and turned balusters 7) a side view of a portion of the upper gallery 8) partial view of bay window 9) the door and sidelights with oval panes This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Judge Benjamin Shaver House, 1898 in Mena, Arkansas 2
Judge Benjamin Shaver House, 1898 in Mena, Arkansas 2
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:54:00
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°34'55"N - 94°14'42"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [A set of 9 photos] Built in 1898 (or 1896) at the end of the 19th century, the Judge Benjamin Shaver House merits a separate listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The home is a 2 1/2-story symmetrical structure in Neo-Classical style. The roof is a combination of gable and hips. On the front facade is a building-length gallery with 5 bays; the central bay projects outward in a pedimented gable, supported by two pairs of two-story Ionic columns. A Palladian window is centrally positioned in the gable. A decorated frieze separated the two levels of the porches; to either side of the projecting bay are curves of the balustrade and frieze. The ornamentation consists of a continuous garland and swag embellishment. Four Ionic columns (minus capitals) support the roof on the upper story whereas four Tuscan columns are used on the lower level as supports. Entrance to top gallery is through plain double-leaf doors, each with 10 panes. The lower level is without balusters. The central door is a single wood panel with a large oval pane and corner decorations. Each sidelight contains an oval pane as well. A transom of three segments is above the entry. Windows throughout the building appear to be a uniform one over one (1/1) and double-hung. On one side is a three-sided bay window consisting of a large central window and smaller one flanking the center. The garland motif continues on the bay window. The house was built by Judge Benjamin Shaver, a prominent lawyer in Mena. His daughter Dorothy Shaver (1893-1959) achieved fame as the president of Lord and Taylor retail firm in New York City. She was the first woman in the country to head a multimillion dollar company. In the Wikipedia article her father is named as James. I wonder what was the judge's full name. See the article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Shaver After the Shavers, the house was occupied by a dentist, Dr. L. C. Dixon. It became the private Redman Hospital from 1940-1945 then briefly became Mena General Hospital because of its size. The house later was divided into apartments. It has undergone restoration and might currently be a bed & breakfast.The home was added to the National Register of Historic Places December 6, 1979 with a reference number of 79003431. I am indebted to the National Register nomination form, located in pdf format at the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program website www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/PDF/PL0082.nr.pdf The images in the set are as follows: 1) front facade 2) front facade and a partial side facade 3) front facade and a partial side facade, a different angle 4) a side facade 5) pedimented gable, Palladian window, columns, frieze, decoration, door 6) the curve of the upper porch, ornamental frieze and turned balusters 7) a side view of a portion of the upper gallery 8) partial view of bay window 9) the door and sidelights with oval panes This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
DSC01410.jpg-1name
DSC01410.jpg-1name
  • Author: Patricia Trulock Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2020-06-19 19:16:24
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°34'38"N - 94°13'32"W
  • SONY DSC
  • License*: All Rights Reserved - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 1
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 1
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:17:26
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 4
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 4
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:18:39
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 5
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 5
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:17:46
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 6
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 6
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:20:37
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 8
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 8
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:19:05
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 9
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 9
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:19:13
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 10 (Ames hose)
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 10 (Ames hose)
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:19:39
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 11 (Tree)
Esso Station, Mena, Arkansas 11 (Tree)
  • Author: David Hoffman '41 Follow on flickr foto flickr
  • Date of photography: 2018-05-18 08:20:54
  • Geographical coordinates of the taken: 34°35'9"N - 94°14'16"W
  • This is a creative commons image, which you may freely use by linking to this page. Please respect the photographer and his work. [This set has 11 images] The restored Esso gas/service station in Mena, Arkansas dates from 1928 (although the National Register nomination form gives the date as 1948). Just down the block from the Studebaker Showroom (see my album at www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/albums/72157710986387192 ) The Esso station and the showroom provide an interesting glimpse into the Art Moderne style of commercial architecture. Built of concrete blocks, the Esso station has stucco on the facades. The canopy is curved and covers two restored gas pumps, one red and the other blue. Just above the canopy where it meets the main building is a parapet in two stages of elevation. Horizontal lines highlight the upper portion of the building. The front facade has a wooden door with a single rectangular pane, flanked by single pane display windows. Various advertisement stickers are on door and windows. Two recessed bays are to the right of the entrance and contain various antique automobiles. Wood benches under the windows attest to the social nature of the gas station. An Ames hose is mounted on the wall between one of the benches and a repair bay. The tree may or may not be on the property, but in had its appeal in the early morning sunlight. The station's collection of antique cars and automotive memorabilia are not generally open to the public. The structure is a part of the Mena Commercial Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 2009 with a reference number 09000321 The Mena Commercial historic District nomination form can be found at www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/P... The photos in this series: 1) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from an angle 2) front facade, canopy, pumps, entry and display windows from another angle 3) a side facade of the building and canopy 4) a view of the corner of the building and side facade 5) restored gas pumps 6) restored gas pumps 7) benches with Coca Cola ads 8) door covered with advertising stickers 9) a display window covered with advertising stickers 10) wall-mounted Ames ReelEasy hose (still made today) 11) a side diversion of a tree next to the station This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
  • License*: Attribution License - photo in flikr foto flickr
    *The photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners.
photos found. 383. Photos on the current page: 15
1 
1
Back to top